Re: [SPAM]Re: [CBQ] A matter of Character

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [SPAM]Re: [CBQ] A matter of Character
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:00:53 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dave, John, Jan, and the list,

Dave you and your fellow moderators do an OUTSTANDING job  of keeping the
topics on the CB&Q list on track.

We share ideas, facts, and memories about the railroad many of us grew up
watching. The stories from the employees of the Q are a true treasure. This
thread is the second one that was missed by the monitors, I opened it read the
first line and hit the "delete" button.

I just want to say thanks for the opportunity of having a place to share
ideas, memories, and talk about the Burlington Route! I do have one thing
that's
always sort of bothered me, why did the Burlington take the one really cool
name  of the pre war Budd coaches, Silver Alchemy and rebuild it into the first
Vista  Dome Car? Wouldn't it have been better to have taken Silver Forest?
Or Silver Cloud? Of course I know the answer, Silver Alchemy was probably  in
the shops at the time! I've always wanted to run Silver Alchemy and Silver
Dome in the same train just to see if anyone spotted it.

Loren Johnson