RE: [CBQ] help with a layout location

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] help with a layout location
From: GLEN HAUG <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 19:21:19 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
If you like bridges and just a small interchange between the two railroads, you
could model Talmage Jct. Iowa.  The Q double track main line crossed the Grand
River and the CGW on two separate bridges, and there was an interchange track
between the two railroads.  The Q also had trackage rights between here and Des
Moines.

Glen Haug

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.comFrom: matt@carlsonphotos.netDate: Thu, 9 Oct 2008
18:03:58 -0500Subject: RE: [CBQ] help with a layout location

Actually Savanna is close as the CGW turned east at the CB&Q station Galenaand
passed through the Winston tunnel. The Newport/St Paul area is
anotherlocation.-----Original Message-----From: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CBQ@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of CharlieVlkSent: Thursday, October 9,
2008 5:47 PMTo: CBQ@yahoogroups.comSubject: Re: [CBQ] help with a layout
locationJim-The CB&Q and CGW did not see each other in Savanna.... the
Milwaukee Roadhad a large yard adjacent to the Q yards there though.You are
probably thinking about East Dubuque, where the Q and IC sharedtrackage rights
and CGW joined them at Galena... and tookthe IC over the bridge at East Dubuque
to Dubuque. MR had an article about the point where the IC split off from the
Q, wentinto a curved tunnel bored through the palisades to cross theQ at a
right angle and crossed the river on fixed spans and a swing bridge.I am
including that area in my N Scale railroad and Jeff Wilson had articlesin MR
about his HO railroad that modeled the point (Portage)where the IC joined the Q
(or rather their lines paralled, as the IC builtalong the river to East Dubuque
first).Charlie Vlk----- Original Message ----- From: cbq_cgw To:
CBQ@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 5:31 PMSubject: [CBQ] help
with a layout locationPlease feel free to contact me off list. I am planning on
a new HO layout and had been planning on modeling the CBQ/CGW lines near
Savanna, Il. However with a 11' x 20'room , I don't think I have enough room to
do what I was planning without too many compromises. My era would be mid to
late the 1960's and I would still like to base a layout on CB&Q and CGW -
mostly freight operations. My question is there other locations where these two
railroads operated that would be worth considering?
Virus Database: 270.7.6/1716 - Release Date: 10/9/20089:44 AM[Non-text portions
of this message have been removed]------------------------------------Yahoo!
Groups Links