Re: [CBQ] help with a layout location

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] help with a layout location
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 17:46:35 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1223592392; bh=CWK25nj4B2WaFUpRsnjG9lCKkqsOcDnvVx2enVnA4wU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Authority-Analysis:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=OxY69nhkJ3Vn55m3i/7WJoRH4hqiyQ4K0gLWkPcse1sRKz5R11gTfSCYE0KPgAFz+FqkT8qT59qdAa1RqJE4jEAVzXN70SX5AyA1eas5od7lR/iu1YrUJJCMSbxsN2ZE
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jim-
The CB&Q and CGW did not see each other in Savanna.... the Milwaukee Road had a
large yard adjacent to the Q yards there though.
You are probably thinking about East Dubuque, where the Q and IC shared
trackage rights and CGW joined them at Galena... and took
the IC over the bridge at East Dubuque to Dubuque.
MR had an article about the point where the IC split off from the Q, went into
a curved tunnel bored through the palisades to cross the
Q at a right angle and crossed the river on fixed spans and a swing bridge.
I am including that area in my N Scale railroad and Jeff Wilson had articles in
MR about his HO railroad that modeled the point (Portage)
where the IC joined the Q (or rather their lines paralled, as the IC built
along the river to East Dubuque first).
Charlie Vlk