[CBQ] Re: Bob Koetz passed away

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Bob Koetz passed away
From: "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 14:53:38 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Andrew,

I am sorry to hear yof your father's passing and your family's loss.
Thanks for sharing the webb address of the funeral procession.  Your
family wil be in my thoughs & prayers.

I checked the author listing in my CB&Q books from Morning Sun Books.
Your father has contributed photos to M. Spoor's "CB&Q in Color, Volume
2".  Page 100 (North La Crosse: yard office and waycars), 104 (North
Coast Limited near Pepin), 108 (Prescott: combined Empire Builder & NCL
and dtector cars), 110 (Newport: redbird & blackbird GPs), 111 (Daytons
Bluff yard: U23c & SD45's in premerger green), 112 (Daytons Bluff:
panoramic view of yard), 113 (2 photos at Dayton's Bluff yard: redbird
GP30 & GP35 in one and Afternoon Zephyr in the other), 114 (2 photoos
at Dayton's Bluff: (grayback F3's & tank cars in one and premerger
green SD45's in the other), 117 (panoramic view of St. Paul Depot &
surrounding area), 118 (2 photos: NCL & boxcars near the depot in one
and #22 near tower in the other, 122 (Depot: derailed E7A and wrecker),
and 127 (Minneapolis: Great Northern Station with Morning Zephyr).

I thank your father for preserving the CB&Q in these photos and for
sharing them with Morning Sun Books.  Without the photos from him and
the other photographers, many of us youngsters would not have had the
opportumity to see this aspect of the CB&Q.   Although I did not have
the priveledge of meeting your father, I will think of him when I see
his pictures in this book.

Bill H