Re: [CBQ] Preservation of Q Diesels

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Preservation of Q Diesels
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:58:42 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Phil will likely provide the specifics, but for the IRM, you not only
purchase the loco, get it there (i.e. pay for transport), then you
have $x per running foot of the locomotive.

The Western Class Ones have been getting less and less behind the
movement, and there are no more free lunches (when it comes to moving
it by rail), even for established and prior customers.

This all being said, you also have to have someone present the
acquisition to the board - preferably with ducks all lined up (in
terms of financing).

Right now, there is a glut of locomotives, especially of the SD45
variety.  But also other marqs are almost over represented.

I would love to see another Chinese Red or Blackbird there.  I would
love even more to have a certain Havelock baggage car there and a
certain HW baggage car there (which my understanding the IRM owns the
latter, and may the former).  But they are 900+ miles away, and the
baggage is on plain bearing trucks.