[CBQ] Children?s Train History Project seeks submissions (stories, histo

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Children?s Train History Project seeks submissions (stories, history, images)
From: "Jeannine Nixon" <StoryLineTrains2@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 04:00:23 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Announcing the "The Children's Train History Project", a website which
we hope will become a home on the web for the newest generation of
train lovers. We would like to help pass the history and love of
American railroads on, serving as a bridge between railfans old and new.

The Children's Train History Project will host stories about American
trains, available both on line and for download or sale, as well as
historical railroad writings for children, and links to games, events,
and other material of interest to younger railroad fans.

We are also hosting a collection of free railroad E-Cards, mostly for
kids but some for adults as well.  We hope the cards will spread
interest, history, and just plain fun about trains. We're planning a
large group of images for cards from different railroads, museums,
periods in history, et cetera. Most cards will have a brief
educational caption that includes a website to visit for more
information; we hope they will send traffic back to their originating
website.

We are currently seeking stories, historical and informational
railroad writings, links of interest, and events for our calendar, as
well as images that can be used as E-cards. We will of course credit
any material we use. We can also attach a website address at the
bottom of cards and watermark them. Please visit our website to see
what we're doing! (Our apologies for areas in which it's as yet
incomplete. We're adding material daily.) We'd be very interested in
your feedback. You may write us at cthp@storylinetrains.com Thanks in
advance!

Jeannine Nixon
The Children's Train History Project