Re: [CBQ] Has this happened to you?

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Has this happened to you?
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:46:09 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The car is okay as a "stand-in" model.  I've had a couple of undec
InterMountain 40' reefer kits in my stash for years to kitbash one of the later
cars in the 300 seires that had the extra, smaller side doors for a Cream
Compartment.  As it is I'll be lucky to get around to fitting express trucks to
the Athearn model....
It is astounding that Hobby Shops (and their customers) still are so narrowly
regional in their tastes..... with all the information about freight cars and
their distribution and use, people still only buy cars for "their" railroad?
Incredible!!!!
Charlie Vlk

  I stopped at an out of town hobby shop Sunday and while looking
  around I found an Athern 50' ice reefer (94536)
  lettered for BREX #300 one of the express reefers. I could see the ends
  were wrong, but thought it was new. I get home and check the Athern web
  site and it was released 6/11/07 and is now discontinued. I never knew
  it was out because my northern Calif. LHS says "we don't stock that
  eastern stuff".

  The model is not correct but the lettering is correct for BREX so I can
  live with it.

  Ken Martin
  Sacramento

  .