[CBQ] Reuters.com - Q&A with Amtrak President Alex Kummant

To: Pat <heavylift777@email.com>, Pat <block4pat@yahoo.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Reuters.com - Q&A with Amtrak President Alex Kummant
From: Latz Pat <pter777opm@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:17:49 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

--- On Wed, 7/2/08, Fritz Plous <FPlous@costonlaw.com> wrote:

 From: Pat Latz
 Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 12:32 PM

 I don't know how I managed to miss this interview when
 it ran June 12, 2008.

 Alex Kummant sounds like the brainest Amtrak CEO of the
 lot.  I thought Dave Gunn was forceful and on target in
 bracing the media about the realities of passenger trains,
 but Kummant has surpassed him.

 I also like his exquisite and understated tap-dancing on
 the question of which occupant of the White House is likely
 to favor passenger-train development. Kummant clearly has
 done his homework on the subject of transportation subsidies
 here and abroad and he does an excellent job with the freight
 /passenger issue.

 To have an Amtrak ceo who is this informed and thus willing
 to deploy his information is unusually encouraging.

 Now, if he could just get the company to be as smart as he
 is ...