Re: [CBQ] Them flashy Havelock "sloped end cupola" waycars....

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Them flashy Havelock "sloped end cupola" waycars....
From: Kenneth Martin <kmartin537@surewest.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:57:24 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
   Pat,

They are class NE-12. Nickel Plate did it in brass years ago, may show
on ebay or through various store used brass.
Caboose Hobbies has one now for $120.
http://www.caboosehobbies.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=81920

Bachman does/has done a close plastic model of the NE-12. The body is
close but the trucks are attrocious, they are snap in Talgo trucks. You
need to fill the hole in the frame,  replace the trucks and couplers,
then paint and decal. Pics can be seen on the BRHS web page at: click on
waycar - NE-12
http://www.burlingtonroute.com/docs/modelling/HO%20P&R%20Kits/ho_kits.htm

Ken Martin