[CBQ] Q F Units

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Q F Units
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:10:48 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As far as the former GN/NP F units here's a true first hand account of  their
condition.

Sometime in the mid 70s I was called for a #185(section 3 or 4 for the day)
on duty at 11:59 PM Clyde roundhouse. This would have been in the middle of
the  nightly rush of 11811,197,and 353,etc.so we got the bottom of the barrel
for  power.  A trio of old F units and uboats. Carl Moore was the engineer and
he was contemplating rejecting this collection of junk but that's all there
was anywhere outside the "house".
So we went with it up the lead as far as Austin Ave and "D" yard  office when
all the units quit.
He picked up the radio and advised the "house" that we were drifting  back
downgrade to the sanding/fueling rack and they could keep the junk as they
were
all dead.

We left several hours later when power arrived on an eastbounder.

Leo Phillipp

fuel-efficient used cars.