Re: [CBQ] CZ Consists & Broadway Limited cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CZ Consists & Broadway Limited cars
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 07:09:22 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bob
REMEMBER
Model Railroading is SUPPOSE to be FUN
SJH

----- Original Message ----
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 6, 2008 5:27:59 PM
Subject: [CBQ] CZ Consists & Broadway Limited cars

I have been attempting to gather together and gain some insight into
the consists I have for the CZ - over 150. Mostly early 60s.

So, once I had them all in a spreadsheet, I highlighted those cars I
have from Broadway - and I have enough for 2.5 trains (extras for
Exposition Flyer & Ak-Sar-Ben Zephyr).

What I found was interesting, if not a little frustrating. You
would think that the odds were decent that I might get 6 of 10 or
thereabouts. Nope. I have 7 dome coaches. There is not a consist
that has any three. No consist has any three of the 7 10-6s. And
forget about attempting to use the other cars (16s, 6-5, baggage,
diner, dome-obs, lounge). Only one consist had 2 of the main 4
(baggage, lounge, diner, obs) together.

It begins to make me wonder if Broadway hadn't had this all figured
out and they decided to ensure a good 2nd or 3rd run! Even with a
few "undec" cars, it won't be happening. Obviously, a reasonable
consist can be put together with believable cars. But... it would
have been nice if I could have gotten a little closer.

But that's what the consist project is about. To understand
patterns, equipment uses, and such. Entertaining. ...

Bob Webber