[CBQ] Possible schedule of events for moving UPD&G 57/ C&S 513

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com, union_pacific@yahoogroups.com, dsp-p@yahoogroups.com, earlyrail@yahoogroups.com, bill wardlow <bill@motorwayltd.com>, pullmancompanyresearchers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Possible schedule of events for moving UPD&G 57/ C&S 513
From: MICHAEL PANNELL <michael.pannell@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 03:28:54 +0100 (BST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi everyone,

  Well it seems that the lifting and jacking of the car will start on saturday
and continue sunday with crossbeams being inserted and then jacking on these,
the same day we hope to insert the 70' beams under the crossmembers and then
monday lift the car sufficiently for the 8or 10 axles to be fitted, this we
hope will be ok to move tuesday to its new location. The contractor is to
approach the city for special dispensation to run the car right through
Cheyenne city centre, under the C&S and in front of the UP depot, which will
make for some truly memorable photos, lets hope the city is kind to us,as
everyone else has been.

  All will be welcomed at the site if you can make it, just let me know who and
when roughly and i will try to be there to meet you.

  One interesting question today... the door treadplate when removed had C&S
5669 stamped underneath, any ideas what this would have been from ??

  Will keep you informed

  mike pannell