[CBQ] Re: Burlington Heavyweights -- Some Questions

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Burlington Heavyweights -- Some Questions
From: "bigbearoak" <jonathanharris@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 00:48:38 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hear! hear! Taken together Bill Glick's trilogy is an amazing and unique
resource guide - a
must for anyone seriously interested in CB&Q passenger equipment.

You can find quite a few good photos showing the head-ends of passenger trains
in Mike
Spoor's and Al Holck's color pictorials, most photos dating from the period of
your
interest. Many of the BRHS's Burlington Bulletins also have relevant photos. On
line, check
out photos from the Otto Perry collection in the Denver Public Library's
Western History
Collection. Most of Perry's coverage is pre-1950 (some, considerably "pre-"),
but there will
be many useful images nonetheless.

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@...> wrote:

> Paul - There is a very easy solution to ALL of your questions.  Purchase any
> (preferably
all) of the 3 volumes Bill Glick, our Hwt Pass. expert, self-published.  All
are in print and
can be purchased from him directly or at the Spring Meet in Oregon, IL a week
from
Saturday.  One is a complete book of scale drwgs, another rosters inc.
renumberings/
rebuildings and the 3rd is a pictorial.   Gerald