[CBQ] NE13a Waycars

To: "CBQ Group" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] NE13a Waycars
From: "Ralph W. Brown, Jr." <cbq682@grics.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:56:38 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Okay,

I've been looking at the NE13a waycars.  I have a brass HO Oriental Limited
NE13a made specific to CB&Q prototype.  I painted and decaled it when I first
started into the hobby some eight years ago.  I know more now than I did then.
My paint job is excellent, but my decaling not as accurate.

I have recently purchased a set of Microscale decals for waycars 1954-1970.
The information sheet is outstanding.  However, I'm confused about the "as
delivered economy" scheme for the NE13a.  On the ends of the waycar there are
two red squares shown with the scheme that includes the red stripe.

Were the red squares applied to the waycar ends on the stripeless scheme?

The information sheet is well done and I'm sure one sheet is not enough to
provide all of the information about the waycars.

Thanks.

R.W. Brown, Jr.
Galesburg, IL