[CBQ] Re: Microscale steam decals

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Microscale steam decals
From: "jt23_chitown" <onequiknova@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 00:06:55 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
 Thanks for the compliments on the O2. It's all but finished now
except for paint & decals. I'll post more pics when its done.

   I'm aware Microscale offers two sets of CB&Q steam decals. The
problem I'm talking about deals with the set 87-1130 for road and
switch engines. Years ago when it first came out the heralds were way
too large. They later fixed the problem, but somehow the corrected
art work was lost and the incorrect art work was used to make the
latest run of the decals.

 John.

 --- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "bigbearoak" <jonathanharris@...> wrote:

> I think so. There are 2 sets now available: 87-1130 and 87-1140.
The latter is the so-
> called "super-power" steam (2-10-4, 4-8-4, post 1935); the former
is the standard "road
> and switcher" steam herald and lettering (post-1927, also good for
C&S, FW&D), which
> should be what you want. It looks right to me, but I'm no expert.
Rob Adams was the one