Re: [CBQ] Question on CZ Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Question on CZ Cars
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:46:44 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

In one of the consist sheets from the BRHS shows "Silver Rapids" the PRR
owned 10-6 in the consist of the Ak Sar Ben. The CZ equipment had almost a 24
hour layover in Chicago. Thus CZ cars were used in a pool service with the
other
 secondary trains such as the Ak Sar Ben, American Royal, and the  Blackhawk.

In the 1964 Montgomery wreck there were CZ cars in the consist of the
combined Ak Sar Ben/American Royal. The only one I can remember was the 10-6
Pullman Silver Crag (Budd 1952). I've also seen photographs of CZ 10-6 Pullmans

running in the Empire Builder and North Coast. As one would think also in the
Western Star and Mainstreeter.

Does BLI plan on producing the 1952 10-6 Pullmans built for the CZ, Silver
Crag and Silver Chasm? Both of these 10-6's lacked the three extra windows on
the isle side of the bedrooms. I never understood why these two Pullmans were
built without the extra windows. But in doing so they stand out in a CZ
consist.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)