[CBQ] Burlington Route type font

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Burlington Route type font
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 10:30:33 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
"Font" is not really an exact use here - the lettering styles weren't
categorized as such and they varied from application to application.

Having said that, it depends on the application and era.

The Pullman Library at the IRM has at least one image of the CB&Q
herald with all of the dimensions and locations.  This specific
application was for a tun of covered hoppers.  There is also a
different one for the Nebraska Zephyr (TCZ).  It has different
dimensions and locations.  There are likely other variations as well,
and the Library likely has many more - where the car was built by
Pullman (or one of its constituents).  In some cases, there are full
sized drawings of the lettering and in some cases, a full lettering
diagram associated with a given car's general drawing.

Having said all that, such things can be obtained at:
http://www.railfonts.com/

At 10:05 AM 2/5/2008, CBQ@yahoogroups.com wrote:
>4. Burlington Route type font
>     Posted by: "Tom Burg" teb2771@earthlink.net burggram
>     Date: Mon Feb 4, 2008 12:07 pm ((PST))
>
>Can anybody tell me the name of the type font used in the words
>"Burlington Route" in the railroad's herald? Tom Burg

Bob Webber