[CBQ] Zearing, IL shared (?) facilities w/NYC

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Zearing, IL shared (?) facilities w/NYC
From: "trains2song" <trains2song@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 04:11:03 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
New guy:
67 years old; live 2 miles from Zearing all my life (so far). Recently
have become interested in modeling Zearing (steam)
w/roundhouse/turntable; maybe both wyes (1st one at grade, 2nd
w/trestle over Q mainline) I have a picture showing the west end of
depot, w/roundhouse in distance, stack from steam generator, water
tower. I have talked with people who remember the turntable but have
only a simple track map to document it existed. By the way, there is
still one leg foundation from the water tower and a concrete slab
w/hole for water crane on west side of track to Ladd (south side of
BNSF mainline). Also, I flew the area last Fall: There is still
remnants of the line to Streator via Ladd, Seatonville (curved trestle
south of town) and some less evident clues south of the Illinois River.
Anyone care to respond?