Re: [CBQ] Another Burlington Hopper Question

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Another Burlington Hopper Question
From: "Russell Strodtz" <borneo@19main.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 06:09:10 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Paul,

To the best of my knowledge the unit trains were the end.
I never say there in Galesburg or another firm listing.
When Machens were no longer used by BN/CB&Q areas run it was
also need for re-building at a BN decision. It was decided to
scrap instead.

By the way when they were brand new the wanted two from Galesburg
to Cicero to do a photo at the time photo. It was sent the day
with it on the head end and IHB on read end. Dumb more. Since IHB
set car out using the head end it was set out at IHB. Photo not around
and not made happened. First IHB had to leave cars on CB&Q so did not
get pulled out. That got done at IHB end. They did find another
Ealesbound and got it moving in to Cicero and photo. Was not normally
used at Galesburg but went Savanna at that power but it still got a
good photo and was sent out as system.

Russ