[CBQ] Another Burlington Hopper Question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Another Burlington Hopper Question
From: "Paul K." <kozys@insightbb.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:02:18 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
All,

I would like to have some of the 'silver side' hoppers on my late 1960's era
layout.  A few years back I recall seeing some available, but in N-scale.  At
the time I ASSumed that soon they would probably be offering them in HO...but
apparently I was mistaken or possibly missed it...did I?

Let's say they're not available commercially at this time.  Could I just silver
spray paint some appropriate hoppers and letter them for Burlington?  If so, is
there a model available that is dead on?  If not, what would be the closest
substitute I could use?  100 percent accuracy isn't mandatory, but I'd like to
get as close as possible using what is available on the market nowadays.

Also, is there a decal set available for these hoppers that anyone knows of?

Finally, were these cars kept together in early unit train service, or were
they mixed with other hoppers of the time as needed?

Thanks for any help!

--
"Paul (Kossart) - The CB&Q Guy"
 Peru, IL *USA*