Re: [CBQ] Re: coal tower

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: coal tower
From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:38:52 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thanks Phil.  That may help Duncan decide whether to include a tower.
I'm a late 1930's modeler, so my plans remain unchanged.

Would you know whether the later solution was literally a portable
conveyor or whether it might have been a Red Devil coaling rig like many
other roads installed in later years?  The Red Devil was produced by
Ross & White and had a fixed unloading pit and chute, but a hopper would
be placed above and unloaded as needed.  There were probably similar
solutions marketed by R&W's competitors.

Kind regards, Rob Adams

--
Rob Adams
Wellman, IA