Re: [CBQ] Re:Slag Ballast Color

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re:Slag Ballast Color
From: kohlj@bellsouth.net
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:20:03 +0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I was going to mention something else (note that I have never seen slag from
the date that people are referring to)...

One gentleman recalled seeing the ballast "dark", almost black.

Since at that point in time you had a considerable number of steam locomotives
belching black smoke, wouldn't it have stood to reason that ALL ballast would
be fairly dark due to all the soot accumulated on it?

Cheers!

Jan Kohl
Castle Graphics
www.castlegraphics.com