[CBQ] Re: Illinois Street Running

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Illinois Street Running
From: "bigbearoak" <jonathanharris@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:08:49 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This is way, way out of left field (i.e., far from Illinois), but for what it's
worth, Ross Grenard's
little book on the C&S (Colorado and Southern: A Personal Memory of the
Standard Gauge)
has a couple neat photos of engine 806 (ex-CB&Q O-4 5507) running down the
center of
Mason St. ("...a major residentil and commercial artery") in Ft. Collins with a
30-car train of
sugar beets.  The photos, taken in November, 1957, are on p. 42 of that book.
-j

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Steve Doyle <doylesteve19@...> wrote:

> Many thanks to everyone who responded to my question about Q street running
> in Illinois.
It certainly seems legitimate now to model examples of that. As a final
question, does anyone
know of the best visual examples of street running in any Q books, if there are
any?