Re: [CBQ] Pre-Merger Green Equipment

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Pre-Merger Green Equipment
From: robert runty <brjr51@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 05:07:31 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Several gons and flats also received the green scheme. Some 70 ton covered
hoppers received the newer style lettering font but were still gray with red
lettering. Also the 100 ton open hoppers delivered in 69 came in black with the
newer lettering. Wood waycars also received green paint, but heralds differed,
some had a black background, some just a white outline herald, and I seem to
recall a photo somewhere with a full color herald.

Bob
"Ralph W. Brown, Jr." <cbq682@grics.net> wrote:
To all:

 Aside from motive power, what other equipment was painted in the new look.  I
see there is an O scale livestock car painted in the green.  I assume this is
not correct.

 Does anyone know if they painted gondolas, flat cars, covered hoppers?  I've
seen a green Northern Pacific smooth side covered hopper in green.

 Also, the green waycars that Walthers made, are those for the purpose of a
pre-merger look, or were they green long before?

 I just don't know what is bogus and what was actually real.

 R.W. Brown, Jr.
 Galesburg, IL