[CBQ] Oregon, IL - Photo in new BN book

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Oregon, IL - Photo in new BN book
From: "Tom Mack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 03:49:48 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I just saw the new BN trackside book entitled "The Urge to Merge". It
is actually not BN, but all the BN predecessor roads. So there is a
big section on the Q.

In it is a photo I have not seen before of Oregon. It looks like it
was shot from the overpass, looking toward the Rock River bridge. It
was shot by Jim Boyd and shows the combined EB/NCL leaving Oregon
heading for Chicago. I think the photo was shot in 1966. It is a great
shot of that I have not seen before of the track layout at Oregon .
Since I am modeling Oregon (in progress), and want to make sure I do
it well, I was wondering if anyone knows of any other place I could
find this photo beside the book? It really gives a new perspective to
the track layout. I plan on buying the book, but had already spent too
much at the train show where I saw it!

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH