[CBQ] Color Photo Books on California Zephyr?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Color Photo Books on California Zephyr?
From: "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 04:22:24 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Does anyone know if any color photo books dedicated to the CZ have
been published?

I think a Morning Sun "Trackside with California Zephyr in Color"
would be a great book.  The CZ's sceneray begs to be published in a
color book.  Color photos of the CZ with captions already exist in
the CB&Q, D&RGW, and WP books.  Maybe they could extract the CZ
material in place it in one or two books for fans of the CZ.  It
could start out in Chicago and take the reader o a journey west to
Denver & Oakland.  If ther is too much material for one book, maybe
they could split it into an early (1949-1959) and later (1960-1970)
versions of the CZ story?  Or maybe a book on summer and on on off-
season (fall, winter, spring)?  I have all of the CB&Q color books,
but not any of the D&RGW or WP books.

Motorbooks have several great streamliner train books with a few
great photos of the CZ in each book.  Maybe they have enough material
to create a color CZ book?

Zimmermann's "CZ: The Story of the California Zephyr" and MacGreagor
& Benson's "Portrait of a Silver Lady" are great books from the
1970's on the CZ, but the photos are almost all in black & white.
Zimmermann's "The Burlington Zephyrs" has many great color shots of
several Zephyrs.

Edmonson & Goodheart did a nice book in 1980's on the Rio Grande
Zephyr with several great color shots of the CZ (from all three RR's)
& RGZ.

I believe that there is a market for CZ color books.

Bill