[CBQ] U25C Handrails

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>, <u25cproject@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] U25C Handrails
From: "Myers, Scott V." <svmyers@southernco.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 18:01:30 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
For those others of you also anxiously awaiting your new chassis for Christmas,
I thought you might this of particular interest.  As I recall, there has been
some mention in the past about the quality of the handrail assemblies on the
Rivarossi model, with their wide stanchions.  I was preparing to remove mine to
replace them the other day, but fortunately decided to do a little research
first.  The best photos that I found were pages 93-95 in Burlington Route Color
Pictorial Volume 2 by Alfred Holck.  Much to my surprise, the actual stanchions
really were quite wide, which seemed to be unique to the U25Cs.  I did cut off
the horizontal links along the lower sides of the handrail assemblies on each
side, which are not correct.  Also, the handrails and stanchions need to be
repainted from their original black to Chinese red, except for the vertical
handrails on either side of the steps.  The lower portion of each stanchion
where they are attached to the shell also need to be painted white.

Scott Myers