[CBQ] Re: Boeing flat cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Boeing flat cars
From: "jworones" <jworones@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:01:09 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
A number of years ago Freight Cars Journal published a volume on
aircraft parts cars. Very informative - from the late sixties to the
nex gen 737 flats of today. Include data and car assignments and what
they hauled. Can't find my copy now, but they may have a website.

Just for fun:
http://www.boeing.com/events/everett40/news_article3.html

The Boeing Everett plant recently celebrated 40 years and this is a
neat article on the GN line to the plant. Good shot of an early 747
parts car. Line is still used today. Although a new pier is being
completed where the branch joins the main to deliver the containerized
larger components for the 787. This is to shorten the haul and avoid
clearance problems.
777 vertical stabilizers (tails) are delivered in double height
containers in well cars. They too might take advantage of the new pier.

Did the Q handle aircraft parts cars?
I know the RI hauled McDonnell Douglas wing cars to the UP for delivery
to the Long Beach (CA) plant.
Would love to find a reason to use my LBF Great Northern 747 parts cars.

Jeff

Jeff Worones
Seattle WA

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Rupert & Maureen" <gamlenz@...> wrote:

> I'm trying to find out about five flat cars #91900-91904 that were
built by Thrall Maxson in 1968-9 and were apparently assigned to
Boeing, possibly at Long Island.  According to a BN equipment list, the
first two cars had "canopies".