Re: [CBQ] E Unit Nose Grabs

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] E Unit Nose Grabs
From: rgortowski@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 09:48:10 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

In a message dated 10/4/2007 12:13:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Aeolus3@aol.com writes:

I thought you were modeling the Q in the 1940's if so you won't have to
worry about the nose or roof grabs on the E's and the passenger F's, or the
nose
grabs on the freight F's.

Loren,

Two things:  I am modeling December, 1950, right as things were changing.  I
have a spreadsheet based on actual photo's that tracks the E units as close to
12/50 as I can get.  Other changes besides the grabs, are if the louvers
behind the doors are covered, the extra steam generator vents in the back of
the
unit, 9921 was still in (ratty) shadow striping, 9916A had the incorrectly
painted nose grills and black letters on a white background for the
numberboard,
and several units had the fuel tanks painted black instead of silver.  It is
amazing how many units had individual "quirks".

#2 - What is a freight F and what purpose did it serve...?  ;-)

Rich