Re: [CBQ] Re:Waycar underframes

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re:Waycar underframes
From: "Russ Strodtz" <borneo@19main.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 14:29:16 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rupert,

I do not think CB&Q would have cared about interchange
bans. They kept the Allied Full Cushion Trucks and used
them on waycars so they would have been eventually
banned for that sin. For that matter did the waycars
even have proper draft gear and draw heads. Coupled to
a car or engine there were obvious size differences.

For that matter when did they ever interchange waycars?
I can think of no location or reason until the mid to
late 60's and then it was only steel waycars that were
interchanged.

The conditions that govern the configuration of cars in
interchange are mentioned much more often on these
Groups than they would have ever been by car inspectors
doing a real inspection.

I'll do some looking.

Russ