Re: [CBQ] Re: E7 sound verses F7 Sound

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: E7 sound verses F7 Sound
From: "Rob Manley" <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 20:33:35 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: trainboy.geo
  To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 3:34 PM
  Subject: [CBQ] Re: E7 sound verses F7 Sound

  > Do they sound better than the Broadway limited E's Ray?
  >
  > Gordon
  The F7 horn is different that on the E7. It's much stronger and
  deaper sounding.

  The F7 horn is a 3 chime Leslie horn and sounds like the real thing -
  my buddy has a real one and the note tones are very close. The F7
  also has extremely good traction motor and generator sounds with
  very realistic shut down or "whine" sound effects.

  As things improve, QSI has added additional features to their system
  that really makes if fun to "play" with and to enjoy all the new
  sound effects.

  I strongly recommend using the "Quantum Engineer" on an analog
  system because it makes it more enjoyable. Features such as coupler
  sounds, dynamic breaking, ability to turn head lights or
  marker/classifcation lights on and off, and many other featuers.
  The "Programming" button makes setting different options a lot
  easier and faster.

  As for the E7, there is a new chip out that takes advantage of many
  new features when used with the Quantum Engineer. I purchased a new
  chip for both my E7 and heavy mike 2-8-2. The added features were
  well worth the costs, about $25.00 as I remember. On the 2-8-2,
  Quantum added the hissing sound from the cylinders when starting up
  with a load of freight cars, then drops off once it starts rolling -
  just like the prototype.

  Now if this sounds like a sales job for any of the mfgrs, well, I
  wish I was working for one of them because I would push them to come
  out with more Q steam. But I don't and I have no ties to any mfgr or
  supplier.

  So like many of you, I can only hope that someone will come out with
  a Hudson, Northern, Pacific or other Q version engine with sound. Or
  maybe the Mark Twain Zephyr!

  Regards,
  Ray Bedard
  San Jose CA