[CBQ] Re: Typical speed on the East End

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Typical speed on the East End
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 11:55:59 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Loren,

I concur with that. My late dad, who was a life long Downers Grove
resident, often spoke of the old "fourth" main west of DG. I have
often wondered what possessed them to build it. It would seem that
the heavier traffic would have been east of DG.

main was primarily eastbound and the north main was westbound while
the center main was bidirectional. I recall hearing comments that
when they started using the outer mains as bidirectional track, the
ride in the "wrong" direction was considerably rougher than the
normal direction.

Bill Barber