[CBQ] BA-10 Baggage Car

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] BA-10 Baggage Car
From: "Myers, Scott V." <svmyers@southernco.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 13:22:09 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I am working on a NKP Car Company kit for the steel sheathed 2 door heavyweight
BA-10 baggage car.  Using Bill Glick's book, Passenger Cars of the Burlington
as my guide, this  two door version was numbered 1500-1524 for the class BA-10,
Ba-10B and BA-10C cars.  The BA-10A cars with the 3rd door and a conductor's
compartment were apparently numbered 1490-1493.

I was under the impression that all of the BA-10 series had the distinctive
fishbelly underframe sidesills.  The kit includes these sidesills, and the
drawing in Passenger Cars of the Burlington shows these.  Another of Bill's
books, Burlington Passenger Car Photo Album, has photos of BA-10A #1491 as does
the BRHS slide set #5.  These photos show this fishbelly side sill.  However,
much to my surprise, this slide set also has a photo of BA-10 #1500 and it does
not have this feature.  Does anyone know if this was true of all of the BA-10
cars other than the BA-10A cars, or was car #1500 an exception.  I have been
unable to find any other photographs of car numbers 1500-1524.  The BRHS 2000
calender has a photo of a baggage car for the month of February, but I cannot
make out the car number to identify the class car.  Can anyone tell me the
location in a book or send a website with any 2 door BA-10 car photos?

Thanks for the assistance.

Scott Myers