[CBQ] Re: Ft Madison, Farmington, & Western RR Open for 2007 ?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Ft Madison, Farmington, & Western RR Open for 2007 ?
From: "John Lewis" <CBQJohn@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 03:08:51 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Friends,

I am a regular volunteer on the FMF&W (in the Q waycar, no less).

According to a letter that I received this week from the FMF&W
General Manager (a BNSF engineer), Mr. Miner has been diagnosed with
cancer and is undergoing treatment in Iowa City.

Understandably, operations planned for this fall have been
suspended.

I hope all Q fans will join me in wishing Dave the best ... he is a
real gentleman and I hope that his treatment will be successful and
that Minerville will once again be open for visitors in the future.

Regards,
John Lewis
Palmyra, Missouri

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Lamoyne Westerbeck <lmarkw@...> wrote:

> He is not ill he just does not have interest, it is just a hobby. I
called him to for the RITS convention for a tour and he told me tha
tit was happening this year and to call him a couple months before
the convention for 2008 and he would see if he felt like doing it.