Re: [CBQ] re: Q MOW paint

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] re: Q MOW paint
From: "Rob Manley" <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 23:03:30 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I went to my box'O paints and found DRGW Orange, DRGW Yellow, Milw Orange and
GN Orange. All good candidates. All Pollyscale waterbased. I switched years ago
and never looked back. It also depends on what color primer you put on the body
before you lay down the final color.
Like Gerald said you'll see variations on the Orange due to weathering factors,
aperature settings, sunny or cloudy day, Kodachrome, Ektachrome and Fuji color
shifts. Not to mention who did the scans for the book, except Loren. He's got a
good eye.
Note that the wood sheeted cars get a real neat pale Orange plus silver gray
boards repelling all traces of paint.

So Jerry, what are you going to paint orange? I just did a NE-10, I think I
used the Rio Grande Orange. I picked the George Speir fodoz in the Spoor
freight Car book.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it..

Rob Manley
Your best modeling pal in the whole world.