[CBQ] Re: Expo Flyer - Pullman Solarium

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Expo Flyer - Pullman Solarium
From: Denny Anspach <danspach@macnexus.org>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 09:24:16 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
During the 1940's, c. 1941-48, I observed the Flyer almost every
weekday  (it came through Riverside just when I crossed the tracks
when walking back to school from having lunch at home). I only recall
that it regularly had an open platform observation, usually a 10-obs
I learned much later. It was noteworthy and exciting to novice
railfans even at that time because it was the only CB&Q train that
seemed to regularly have an open platform obs.

  A special and exciting memory was when the westbound flyer made an
emergency stop in Riverside (middle track) with the open platform
left just hanging over the grade crossing. Police and an ambulance
showed up almost simultaneously to receive an ill passenger who was
handed out on a stretcher straight out across the obs platform and
coupler through the open center gate.

Denny
--
Denny S. Anspach, MD