Re: [CBQ] FT logo special on RFD-TV w/Burlington footage

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] FT logo special on RFD-TV w/Burlington footage
From: "Rupert & Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 17:35:33 +1200
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jan

This question cropped up in July 2003 from Rob Adams "How were the early
yard switchers painted upon delivery in the 1930's? I'm particularly
interested in the EMC SW's #9130-9135, which I believe were built in 1936 or
1937."

Marshall Thayer replied "Solid gloss black overall with duluxe "BURLINGTON"
on the hood sides and duluxe numerals in four positions: Standard "small
steam" herald under the cab windows. The EMD advertisement in Kalmbach's
reprint of the '41 Locomotive Cyclopedia shows this scheme; I think it's
also in the Trainshed CYC on diesels. The RMC plans for the Midwest
Locomotive steeplecabs shows this scheme as applied to smaller switchers."

Just in passing, the first VO-1000's were also delivered in a plain black
scheme, but with EW / WOTZ on the sides. (photos on page 16 of Zephyr 31)

Regards

Rupert