[CBQ] Troop Sleepers

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Troop Sleepers
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 19:54:08 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Given all the recent discussion about ex troop kitchen cars and Allied Full
Cushion Trucks I was floored when I opened the March issue of Railway Age and
found an ad for "Built for U.S. Army as kitchen cars....."
Turns out the cars are 1952 blt by St Louis Car so they aren't former Q
cars. But if anyone is interested I now know where there's a string of former
troop kitchen cars in storage in Ohio. They do look to be in relatively good
shape and on standard passenger trucks.
If anyone is a meber of a museum that would be interested in acquiring a  car
you should find a copy of the March issue of Railway Age and go to pg  41.

Leo