[CBQ] Re:Passenger Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re:Passenger Cars
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:28:24 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As long as we are discussing Q passenger cars, (Branchline, etc.),
recently, Golden Gate Depot (Sunset 3rd Rail) released O scale 80' HW
passenger coaches, lettered among others, for Q 6100 series cars.
Because of the window spacing (paired windows) they do not really
represent the 6100 series cars very well. However, while looking
through Bill Glick's recent book, I spotted a coach, numbered 5915
which looks similar to the Golden Gate cars with paired windows. The
5915 started life as a wood car with steel under frame (built about
1902 IIRC), but later rebuilt with steel sheathed sides.

My question is does anyone know how many cars in this group were
rebuilt with steel sheathing and included the paired window
arrangement? It is not clear from Bill's latest book how many and
which ones were upgraded.

Bill Barber