[CBQ] NKP Car sides

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] NKP Car sides
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:39:26 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Scott - note that I said 8-3-1 - not 8-2-1s.  They should be on the
web site.  He provides the core and that's because he makes some
changes (I believe) to the roof - or puts a different roof with the
core (in other words, the core might be a 12-1  core and  the roof
from a 8-1-2 - an example only, not a literal one).

Note that there may still be work required - I haven't seen one.  The
TOWER cars were some of the first rebuilts that had skirts and other
modifications.  So, it may be that in order to make ZEPHYR or DENVER
TOWER, some work will be involved - the hard work - the sides -
though is done.  I should have also noted that the sides made (by
NKP) are for 4090D and 4090F plans - while the Qs are 4090C
plan.  I'd have to look and see where the modifications are.  Any
time you get into the 4nnn plans - or any rebuild like the POPLARs,
CLOVERs or TOWERs - generalizations go out the window due to the
multiple plan origins and the variations on the side layouts.

Bob,

I was not aware that NKP car company had sides available to fit the Branchline
kits. Can you give us some more details? For instance, you mentioned sides for
the 8-3-1 series. Are these shown on their website?

BB#42 has a nice photo of 8-1-2 John Forbes on page 246, by the way.

Scott Myers