[CBQ] Re: Ray Bedard's Modified 2-10-2 Photos Posted

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Ray Bedard's Modified 2-10-2 Photos Posted
From: "bigbearoak" <jonathanharris@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 03:38:47 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Will - I don't believe any of the Q/C&S USRA 2-10-2's ever burned anything but
coal. Some
of the C&S's other 2-10-2's, the M-2A clones, were loaned/leased to the FW&D
during the
mid-1950s and were converted then - and they remained oil burners upon their
return
north. All the USRA mikados, of course (Q and FW&D), were converted to oil
early on. So
you'd imagine there must have been least one out of the 15 USRA 2-10-2's
system-wide
that burned oil at some point in its career. But apparently not.

Very nice work, as always, Ray. As with your combine and O-4 earlier, it's good
to see
proof that modeling is alive.