[CBQ] Childhood trip

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Childhood trip
From: "John Nelles" <act4living@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 03:26:30 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello,
I wonder if you can help with a train consist. When I was a boy scout
living in Maquoketa, Iowa, we took a trip on the CB&Q from Savannah,
Illinois, up the Mississippi to East Dubuque, Illinois. I remember
that trip was in the beautiful stainless cars, and also had a dome car
to see the river and beautiful bluffs along the banks. It was my first
trip on a train in the US and I loved it.

This would have been around 1967 or so. Does anyone know what trains
were going up the river then, and what the possible consists were?
Would this have been a Zephyr from perhaps Chicago up to the Twin
Cities that stopped in those two cities? Would it have been pulled by
E7's and did they usually run in an AA lashup? I am modelling Dubuque
Iowa, and I'd like to have that train go by, for sentimental reasons.
I appreciate the help.
John