[CBQ] Re: Tracks through Aurora Illinois

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Tracks through Aurora Illinois
From: "graywolfs2" <graywolfs02@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 17:34:38 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Jim,

Burlington Bulletin #37 titled "Burlington Boxes" which covers all
of the brick "box" stations on the "Q" has some of the answers to
your question.

I copy some of the text from that issue as follows:

The elevation project was done in phases over a period of eight
years starting in 1915. The grade elevation was completed and put
into service in November 1922, but the depot wasn't finished until
the following spring. It (the new depot) opened to traffic on May 1,
1923.

There are some pictures that go along with the text.

I also believe that it was BRHS member Jerry Hamsmith that gave a
presentation at one of the Meets (Aurora?) that covered quite a bit
more of the elevation project than what shows in Bulletin 37.

I hope that this helps further answer your question and I look
forward to more input from the afore mentioned Loren Johnson and
Jerry Hamsmith.

Greg K.
Minnesota