Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 3050

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 3050
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:36:05 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Sam

I only have my own copy which I don't want to part with...I often wonder
what has happened to the inventory (if there was one) of Brown's books...They
had lots of good information and photos, although the reproduction wasn't the
greatest and the text had many mistakes and misspellings, but with some work
they could be made into something really good...

There is also another book "HOGBACK ROAD" with lots of good stuff about the
QO&KC...I have a photocopy of that book sent me by someone whose name now
escapes me.

I went through all of the other books brown did on the Iowa and Missouri
branch lines to see if I could find a different telegraph call for the Q side
at
Milan, but didn't find anything...I suspect that the DS designation for the
dispatcher was the same for both roads...That was a universal call used on all
 roads...I would also assume that the MI call would have been the same for
both  the OK and the Q...

Pete