[CBQ] Re: C&S Connor Branch

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: C&S Connor Branch
From: "captmix" <tamix@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:35:22 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Mark,

The Connors Spur served a number of small industries, several coal
companies, lumber yards, etc. The tracks were part of the old line
from Denver to Falcon, with a branch to Colorado Springs, then on to
Pueblo. The southern portion of the line was washed out in 1935. As a
pilot I have followed the old roadbed from Denver south, much of it
can still be seen from the air. The Connors Spur operated until 1993.

There is an excellent book about this line called "Denver and New
Orleans" by James R. Jones, published by Sundance. Many photos and maps.

Tom Mix

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Mark Sellars <sellarsmark_aus@...> wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> For many years the C&S retained the Connors branch (formerly part of
the old D&NO line part of which was abondoned when the C&S ran over
the ATSF trackage between Denver South and Bragdon/Pueblo).

> What was of ecomonic interest to the C&S along the line to and in
Connors?

> Many thanks, Mark
> Adelaide South Australia
>
> PS Hate to say this but it was 78F and not a cloud in the sky "Down
under" today.
> Sorry Leo.
> But I would trade some bottled sunshine for some snow (we need the
water)!

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM