[CBQ] Re: BEARDSTOWN SHOPS

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: BEARDSTOWN SHOPS
From: "Eric Mumper" <eric.mumper@microtune.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 22:39:28 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rick,

Don't be shocked if the Bearsdtown shops are not on the Sanborn maps.
 Anything that is not in the city fire district (ie RR owned) will not
be mapped.  Most Illinois state schools will allow residents to view
the maps for free and possibly download them.  One other resource
would be the Illinois aerial photos of which Cass county is listed as
taken in 1938.  See the link below.  To use these aerial maps requires
a plug-in to be downloaded.

I'm assuming you have the BRHS "Q in the Coalfields" Bulletin - this
is a must have.

http://www.isgs.uiuc.edu/nsdihome/webdocs/ilhap/county/

Eric Mumper

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Rick Buck <firecad67@...> wrote:

> My wife & I are getting ready to model the Beardstown shops of the
1930s that ran from 8th. street south past 15th.  Some time ago I read
about a company that made highly detailed fire insurance maps.  Can
anyone tell me the name and where I can find them.
>   My Grandfather Louis Meyer, was the head boiler-maker in the
Beardstown shops in the 1930s and my uncle Loyd Meyer was an engineer
in the 50s, 60s & 70s.  If anyone has any information or pictures
regarding them I & my family would be very interested.

>   Rick Buck
>   firecad67@...

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM