Re: [CBQ] Ballast Choices

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Ballast Choices
From: "Paul K." <kozys@insightbb.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 00:44:31 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Denny,

A few years back, Dave Lotz had a ballast material for this available from a
firm by the name of Manchester Hobby Products.  It is a very light beige color
with a bit of variation of that basic color in it.  Since I wanted something
like 30 or so bags of it, he was good enough to haul it up from St. Louis to
the meet in Mendota, IL for me, saving me a bit of $$ in shipping fees (thanks
again, Dave).  I don't know if its still available.

On subsequent close inspection of it I had the thought that a close match could
probably be made from similar colored sand, without the glassy silica bits, if
possible.

Hope this helps.

--
"Paul (Kossart) - The CB&Q Guy"