[CBQ] Re: Wisconsin Electric Power (WEPX) Thrall Gondolas

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Wisconsin Electric Power (WEPX) Thrall Gondolas
From: "jworones" <jworones@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:53:17 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Been wanting to model one of these trains forever. Once again,
laziness pays off!

Thanks to the fine folks at Wisconsin Electric, I have some color
publicity photos of the cars taken in 1968. They indeed are a light
olive green but with a blue end. This scheme was relatively short
lived - they went to the tan scheme in the early 70's (IIRC - 1972).

Since the photos were taken at the power plant, looking closely you
see CNW power. I want to say a pair of SD45s.

Somewhere I have a B&W shot of a GP40/U23C set hauling a coal train.
Modeling 1969, that's good for me! Although I do have to get creative
on why it's running through Burlington.

I have my sets on order, but I'll wait to see them in person before
disposing of my Herald King decals.

Jeff

Jeff Worones
Lake Stevens WA