Re: [CBQ] Amtrak Gets another one

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Amtrak Gets another one
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:42:36 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Sounds like a Ralph Budd-type comment.

  sjl

Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com wrote:
          No. 6, about noon today hit a pickup truck in southwest Lincoln. This
would
make the train about 8 hours late. The pickup driver was fatally injured
according to radio reports. I don't know how long No. 6 was delayed, but he
was gone when I passed the scene around 1:00pm

I was reminded of a comment made by W.J. Dixon former president of the Rock
Island...one of the least "railroadlike" presidents ever to hold that
position...

Bill Hoenig, former RI Chief Operating Officer told me that on one occasion
he reported that a "somewhat late" Rock Island train had hit a vehicle at a
road crossing...Dixon's insightful comment was..."Well, if you would have run
that train on time this wouldn't have happened.

Can't beat that for irrefutable logic.

Pete