[CBQ] Alley Job

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Alley Job
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 18:48:44 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Slowly I'm working on an article about the Alley Job. This was the high
paying,long hour job out of Eola each day to South River St,Middle
Ave,etc,etc,etc.
I have several first hand accounts of this jobs heydays. I would like to
verify some of the accounts I have from several of the guys I worked with and
my
granfather who talked about 60 car trains and running back to Eola for more
cars later in the day. The best way I know to do this is from train sheets from
Aurora or West Eola towers. Any dates would be helpful but from the 40's or
early 50s would be best.
Can anyone help me ?
I have the Eola Rdhse engine assingment book from '53 to '55 but all it
provides is the engine assigned each day. Both Wade Gorman and Bones Mathers
told
me this job had one of the  widow maker(converted boxcar) w/cs for many years.

Thanks,

Leo